Saturday, February 7, 2015

Even and Odd FREEBIES

Hey, y'all. Happy Saturday. I'm so glad that I survived this week. It was a crazy week. We had our PBS Winter carnival celebration on Monday and PBS Pep Rally Kick-off Assembly on Friday as well as early dismissal on Friday. Huhhhh, that's a lot. 

All right. I'm still in Place Value to 1000 this week. This week, we learned odd/even, place value and comparing numbers. 

I would love to talk about odd/even activities. 
1. As you know, the Chinese New Year is coming. I used several items using on Chinese New Year to introduce odd and even concept. You may click here or picture to download my Power Point file.


2. I used my life-size hundred chart and post-it notes to review how to decide if a number is odd and even. I printed on post-it notes. Ok, what's on it? For example, I put "4 tens, 2 ones" on one post-it note and put "4 tens, 3 ones" on another post-it note. I gave each of my child a sticky note and ask them to figure out their number first and then put their numbers on the hundred chart. It will show a pattern because I print odd numbers on blue notes and even numbers on red notes. 


3. We are ninjas. 

I also included the ninja picture in my Power Point Slide. I put the even and odd apples from The Bubbly Blonde all around the room. We have two teams. One team is searching for odd numbers and the other is searching for even numbers. They are ninjas so they cannot speak. They will search for them and put it in the odd or even circle I made from Hula Loops. No pictures, sorry. 


4. I close our learning by holds-ups. I gave each kid a red and a blue card. Red is even number and blue is odd number. I call out a number and students will hold up a card to give me the answer. Super easy assessment.

5. Centers.

I pulled out several kids that are struggling with the concept and gave them some activities from Step Into Second grade. Here you go. She has so many great ideas and freebies here


 I also played this game with them. It's from First Grade A La Carte.


Thanks Amy Lemons for your pictures. I did not take any pictures here. 

Huhhh, that's a lot. Finally, I have a freebie for you. 



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment